Thursday, June 10, 2010

A dogs life

So my dog...Tucker...is a Jack Russell/poodle mix and super hyper. She's always awake immediately when the alarm goes off. When I take my usual afternoon nap after work she is typically standing there staring at me when I open my eyes. (Well, that is my fault I guess because we go for her walk after my nap and she is very impatient about them!) And I often feel bad because I feel like she doesn't get as much exercise as she should living in my condo with no yard. But this morning...for some reason...apparently she was exhausted. I don't know if she had a party while I was at work yesterday or was watching t-v in the other room all night and I didn't notice. But when my alarm went off this morning...I made my usual bathroom stop and then headed toward the front door and low and behold...no Tucker waiting at the steps per usual. I called her name...nothing. I called it again...nothing. So I now walk back to the bedroom and throw the light on and she pops up from under the covers with a look like "oh, what's going on?" She then finally jumps off the bed and accompanies outside for her bathroom stop. Of course then she lays around while I get ready for work and goes right back to sleep (I assume) when I leave for work. It is a tough life that one has...I can only imagine what made her so darn tired yesterday!

3 comments:

  1. Hahahah My boyfriends dog has been doing the same thing.....

    Also when he walks in the door with me she passes him to come straight to me. Its almost like she is mad at him when he stays with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a jack-a-poo, too! Her name is Sugar (she's white). Fortunately, she has the poodle temperament, but she is very smart and a bit sneaky. I also have two pit bull mixes (Spice and Ginger), but Sugar is the brains. You've got a great doggy mix!

    ReplyDelete